Life in Finland for a foreigner can be a trail, but from my experience the light at the end of the tunnel is starting a business in Finland
I am not saying that running a business is Finland is easy because it is not, but if you have enough language skills in English it is possible to build a global business from your home computer. The reality of living here is that the average salary in Finland in low and taxes are high, while paradoxically the lifestyle is very good.
In the beginning, many foreigners are happy with this situation, they have a great lifestyle even though they have little money, but over time many like myself start to ask ourselves, is there something more to this life in Finland. Maybe, I would like more, earn more, experience more, travel more and be more.
How starting a business in Finland can change everything?
Why I decided to start a business in Finland, I needed to return to the time I arrived in Helsinki with my wife Anja. We arrived almost penniless, with our daughter under our arm. It was a time when I was passionate about whatever I started. I can remember starting my first real job in Finland as a youth worker, I have to say I did enjoy the experience, but even then I knew it was a transition to something else, something better.
However, business or a higher aspiration requires more than short term goals of getting a job and since from an early age I was a passionate advocate of running a home based business, I begun to understand that it could be the solution to creating a global business online from anywhere in the world and in my case Finland.
More importantly, as a foreigner I understood that, it was not that easy to get business loans, yes it was possible, but in my mind I had already decided that I could reduce my outgoing as much as possible by not running a traditional business. The online model seemed so practical, because it gave me the flexibility to live and work in Finland or not.
Compare starting a business in Finland in regards to traditional and home based
Even before I go through the list of reasons why running a online business from home is a better choice over a traditional business. Let us look at the failure rates of starting a business, believe it or not, it is 80 to 90% with most business owners losing a lot of money and most of it not their own. So, before you ever make a decision to become any type of entrepreneur / business owner, there is a a few things you should know.
- Running a business is really hard work
- It is really hard to be successful in any type of business
- Most businesses fail within 6 months
- To own a successful business will take time, money and a lot of work
- Success is a mindset as well as skill-set that you may not have at the start
- If you do succeed in your business or even make a profit it will take a few years
Now that I have shown you the ways of the world when becoming a online entrepreneur / business owner, let’s compare traditional businesses to online home based businesses.
By the way did I mention the hard work????
- High start-up costs ($10k to $100k)
- Leasing or building costs
- Employees wages
- Product inventory and a place to put them
- Only local customers (unless you are an online business)
- You have a linear income (Buy at retail sell at wholesale)
- Long working hours - 80+ hours a week
- Risk with the money you have invested
- No other income
- High failure rate
Online Home based businesses
- Low start-up costs as little as 20€
- No building to buy or lease
- No employees
- No inventory (in most cases)
- No territories
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Build residual income
- Free training and support system
- Set your own hours Work part-time or full-time (while you keep your day job and security)
- No risk
- High failure rate
As you can see, running a online home business has it advantages over a traditional business in regards to the risks you are taking. Both have a high failure rate but the online home business has little to no financial risk involved.
Being successful in love, life and in business needs commitment and a willingness to learn something new. Successful people will tell you that they have needed to sacrifice much to achieve their goals, but ultimately they will say, “There is simply no substitute for hard work when it comes to achieving success”. Even more so when it comes to achieving financial and personal success, we need to accept that failure is the key to success.
Since, I have been running a online business in Finland, I travel more and enjoy the help and support of others in my industry who are always willing to mentor and give advice on how to take my online business to the next level.
What exist me even more is when I get the opportunity to help and support someone else, allowing them to to realise their dreams and enjoy personal and financial success running a business online.
What does it take to be successful starting a business in Finland?
It is simply about having the right mindset and the believe that you can be successful. This may seem an odd thing to say, but, there is a mindset and qualities that are needed to become successful will include leadership skill even if you have no employees. I doesn’t matter how you want to run you business these underlying traits are in every successful entrepreneur:
- Start work everyday and do what needs to be done
- Be Self-Starter that does not need someone telling them what to do everyday
- Understanding your why and have a belief in what they are doing and the products and opportunity they represent
- Always learning something new to develop your business
- Always take responsibility for your own success and failures
- Always invest time and money in their business
- Be a serious dreamer and aim high
- Be a leader
This is just a short list of attributes needed endure the ups and downs of running a business in Finland, but you will also need the passion, the feelings and the desire to succeed which comes from your why.
Would you like to learn how to start a business in Finland from home?
If you would like to start a business from home in Finland we are always willing to help and support you towards success. However, even though the financial risks are low, this is not for the faint hearted. Since I have been working online I have failed many times, but as a very good friend of mine explained to me, that failure is apart of living and the trick is to get up and try again. The simply and effective road to success is:
- Take action
- Set your goals
- Make a plan
- Work on it everyday
- Never give up
If you live in Finland and can communication in English or Finnish and are interested in starting a business in Finland from the comfort of the home - - Click here
and we will get back to you asap….